A skylight with a fly screen offers you protection from unwelcome insects so that you can ventilate without worrying. You can find numerous insect and sun protection products in stores. You can also build a fly screen yourself.
What you need:
- Wood or aluminum for the frame construction
- Cordless screwdriver
- Fly screens
How to build a fly screen for your roof window
With a mosquito net for your roof window you last insects successfully. You can also build an insect screen yourself and thus save costs.
- To do this, first determine the exact dimensions of the roof window. Then make a frame in the appropriate size. Use for that wood- or aluminum strips.
- Connect the individual strips with glue or screws to create a stable construction.
- You can get the net for your fly screen in hardware stores and garden centers. The desired material is available in different sizes, but also by the meter and in different colors and thicknesses.
- Choose a suitable material and cut it to the frame size.
- Fix the fly screen for your roof window to the frame structure with the help of screws or nails.
- Ensure that there is sufficient tension and that it is firmly attached to the entire frame.
- Now insert the finished fly screen directly into the roof window frame.
- There are also special Velcro strips with which you can attach a fly screen to your without any frame construction window can attach. To do this, simply stick the Velcro tape to the frame of your window and attach the fly screen to it.
There are skylights in all possible sizes and designs. Just as extensive ...
You can easily build a fly screen for roof windows yourself and save costs.
How helpful do you find this article?