NRG files are image files that are generated by the Nero burning program. You have the option of opening these files with a program that displays image files as a virtual drive or of burning them onto a CD or DVD with a burning program.
What you need:
- Daemon Tools Lite (free)
Opening NRG files
NRG files are so-called image files that are generated by the Nero burning program. The burning program creates these files, for example, when you copy a CD or DVD to the hard disk want to save.
- To continue using these NRG files, you have several options. One possibility is that you use a program that is based on your computer creates a virtual drive with which you can access the contents of these files.
- The other option is to burn the NRG files to a CD or DVD so that they can be read with a DVD drive.
- To do this, you can burn these image files onto a data carrier with the Nero burning program.
- With the program "Daemon Tools Lite"You can read the contents of NRG files without having to burn the image files onto a CD or DVD.
Would you like to accuse your relatives and friends of the latest holiday pictures, but ...
How to open these files with Daemon Tools
- First, download and install the Daemon Tools Lite program on your computer.
- After installing the program, the software a virtual drive on your computer. The program window then opens.
- Then click on the menu item "Add Image" in the program window. Now select the NRG file you want to open on your computer.
- Now you can view the content of the NRG file in Windows-View explorer.
Burning NRG files works like this
- First start the Nero burning program. To do this, do not select "Nero Smart Start", but rather the "Nero Burning ROM" program in the program directory.
- In the window for the new CD compilation click on "Open" in the lower right corner.
- Now select an NRG file on your hard drive and insert a blank disc into your DVD burner.
- You can then set the burn speed if you wish and then burn your CD or DVD.
How helpful do you find this article?