Melt the marshmallow over a candle

instagram viewer

Grilled marshmallows are a temptation that hardly anyone can resist. But if there is no grill or campfire nearby, can you heat this candy over a candle? Read here how it works.

Marshmallows are delicious on their own or grilled.
Marshmallows are delicious on their own or grilled.

What you need:

  • Beeswax candle from the health food store
  • Wooden shish kebab skewers

Marshmallows are almost always associated with the USA, although the original idea of ​​this sweet comes from France. A long time ago they had made from whipped egg whites, sugar and the sticky juice the marshmallow root produces the so-called "pâte de guimauve", which is considered the forerunner of all marshmallows. If you want to melt marshmallows over a candle, then here are some things to keep in mind:

Keep this in mind when choosing the candle

  • Please note that when melting marshmallows over a candle, it is important to pay attention to the ingredients of the candle.
  • Do not use scented candles to melt the marshmallow.
  • Also avoid candles that are colored or have certain inlays.
  • Pure beeswax candles are best for melting marshmallows, preferably those that you can buy in a health food store or directly from an organic beekeeper.
  • Hits for kids - fruity marshmallow pops

    The next children's birthday is coming up soon - and you have no original idea to ...

This is how the marshmallow delicacy succeeds over a candle

  1. Do not use a fork or other metal object to skewer the marshmallows. The metal conducts heat too quickly and you could get burned.
  2. A wooden skewer is best for melting marshmallow over a candle.
  3. Marshmallows should be melted rather than fried.
  4. To do this, hold the marshmallows about an inch above the flame, where the hottest part of the candle flame is.
  5. Constantly rotate the marshmallows.
  6. If you notice that the candle has burned the marshmallows, do not eat them any more as this could contain carcinogenic substances.
  7. Please note that the melted delicacy is very hot and you could burn your lips and mouth.

How helpful do you find this article?