Grilled marshmallows are a temptation that hardly anyone can resist. But if there is no grill or campfire nearby, can you heat this candy over a candle? Read here how it works.
What you need:
- Beeswax candle from the health food store
- Wooden shish kebab skewers
Marshmallows are almost always associated with the USA, although the original idea of this sweet comes from France. A long time ago they had made from whipped egg whites, sugar and the sticky juice the marshmallow root produces the so-called "pâte de guimauve", which is considered the forerunner of all marshmallows. If you want to melt marshmallows over a candle, then here are some things to keep in mind:
Keep this in mind when choosing the candle
- Please note that when melting marshmallows over a candle, it is important to pay attention to the ingredients of the candle.
- Do not use scented candles to melt the marshmallow.
- Also avoid candles that are colored or have certain inlays.
- Pure beeswax candles are best for melting marshmallows, preferably those that you can buy in a health food store or directly from an organic beekeeper.
The next children's birthday is coming up soon - and you have no original idea to ...
This is how the marshmallow delicacy succeeds over a candle
- Do not use a fork or other metal object to skewer the marshmallows. The metal conducts heat too quickly and you could get burned.
- A wooden skewer is best for melting marshmallow over a candle.
- Marshmallows should be melted rather than fried.
- To do this, hold the marshmallows about an inch above the flame, where the hottest part of the candle flame is.
- Constantly rotate the marshmallows.
- If you notice that the candle has burned the marshmallows, do not eat them any more as this could contain carcinogenic substances.
- Please note that the melted delicacy is very hot and you could burn your lips and mouth.
How helpful do you find this article?