Create HD wallpapers with GIMP
So that your HD wallpaper is the right size right from the start and you have your own in the 1920x1080 format If you can design a background image, you should take your measurements when creating a new image determine.
- To do this, open directly via the icon in your smartbar GIMPwho have favourited photo editing software.
- Then click on "File" in the menu bar and then on "New".
- The "Create a new picture" window now opens. Now enter the dimension 1920 in the "Width" field and 1080 in the "Height" field. Now you have already determined the size of your wallpaper for subsequent editing with the GIMP.
- To get your wallpaper in HD, open the "Advanced Settings" button.
- Here you can see the pixel value 72.0 stored for both the X resolution and the Y resolution. However, in order for your picture to be considered HD format, you have to change the pixels from 72.0 to 300.0.
- Once you have entered all the values for creating your background image, press "OK" and GIMP will create an empty image document according to your specifications. You can now change the empty picture with colors and effects according to your personal taste.
Your own mobile phone looks a lot with cool background images ...
Scale image to 1920x1080
Have you already selected an image that you would like to set as your new wallpaper, but it is not in the right format? In this case you have to resize your picture afterwards.
- Open your chosen background image with the GIMP image editing software.
- Call up "Image" in the menu bar and then "Scale image".
- The "Scale image" window will now open in front of you on the desktop. Here you can see the two fields "Width" and "Height" for the image size. Change the previously stored numbers to the format 1920x1080.
- If your entries are correct, then confirm your request by clicking on the "Scale" button.
- In the next moment, GIMP will adapt your existing image according to your specifications. All you have to do now is save it and then use it as wallpaper.