1:26How do you eat figs properly? - That's how it's done
1:24Peel figs - this is how it's done
1:27How to dry figs - a guide
What you need:
- Ripe, fresh figs
- First, you need to find out when fresh figs are ready to be eaten. Often figs sold in stores are still light green and firm. Then you have to wait until the green of the peel turns darker and a whitish film is formed.
- Ripe figs must be soft to the touch. To compare for the optimal degree of ripeness, you can press the heel of your hand with one finger - this is exactly what a fig that can be eaten feels like.
- The flesh of a ripe fig is usually dark red. However, there are varieties whose flesh remains pink even when ripe.
- You can eat the fig with or without the peel. Wash the fig a little and eat it whole, quarter or halve and spoon out. The small kernels inside are edible.
- Figs are very low in calories, but thanks to their kernels are extremely filling. These swell up in the stomach and optimally supply the intestines with fiber. Therefore, do not eat figs in large quantities, as they can have a laxative effect.
- You can also use fresh figs for a fruit salad or eat it hearty with ham or cheese.
- Eat your figs as fresh as possible. Ripe figs can only be kept for a few days in the refrigerator. If you have bought more figs than you can eat in a short period of time, fig jam is a delicious solution.
- Figs are real health makers. They contain large amounts of vitamins A, B, C and the minerals potassium, phosphorus and iron. This strengthens the heart and circulation and helps with stress, poor performance and lack of concentration. They even help with Decrease, since figs are a delicious substitute for sweets.
Especially if you are on a diet, you should be very careful about foods and their ...
How helpful do you find this article?
The content of the pages of www.helpster.de was created with the greatest care and to the best of our knowledge and belief. However, no guarantee can be given for the correctness and completeness. For this reason, any liability for possible damage in connection with the use of the information offered is excluded. Information and articles must under no circumstances be viewed as a substitute for professional advice and / or treatment by trained and recognized doctors. The content of www.helpster.de cannot and must not be used to make independent diagnoses or to start treatments.