Bake Dresden Stollen - the preparations
Before you start baking the Dresdner Stollen, you should have all the ingredients ready so that you always have everything to hand. This is very advisable in the recipe as there are many different ingredients used. To a Dresdner stollen you have to start baking a day in advance.
- Take a large bowl the night before and add the raisins, almonds and currants.
- Pour the over the ingredients rum and add the orange peel and lemon peel to the mixture.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator and let it steep overnight.
Delicious Christmas stollen - baking can begin
You can still use the above mixture for the Dresdner Stollen while baking in the refrigerator let go until you need them.
There is nothing tastier than a homemade stollen. The most popular …
- To begin with, take a large baking bowl and add the flour to it.
- Warm them up in a small saucepan milk. The milk does not have to boil, it is sufficient if it is lukewarm. Add the yeast to the lukewarm milk.
- Take some sugar from the required amount and stir the ingredients thoroughly.
- Then add the butter to the flour. The butter should be soft but not runny. You can briefly heat them up in the microwave and then knead them with your hands until they are soft. Also add the remaining sugar to the flour and the yeast-milk mixture.
- Now knead the ingredients with a hand mixer and dough hook to a smooth one dough. This can take a few minutes.
- Then cover the dough for the stollen with a tea towel and leave it for half an hour in a warm place, e.g. B. go to the heater.
- After the specified time, stir the rum mixture into the dough. Now knead the stollen dough again and let it steep for another half an hour.
- During this time, preheat the oven to exactly 200 ° C. As well as creating a large work surface for yourself, which you sprinkle with a little flour.
- Then take a rolling pin and roll out the stollen dough into a square. Then, with your hands, roll the dough up into a stollen shape.
- Now line a baking sheet with parchment paper and carefully lift the stollen onto it. Covered with aluminum foil, let the stollen rise again for 30 minutes.
- Then slide your self-baked Dresdner Stollen into the preheated oven. After 10 minutes, turn the oven down to 180 ° C and let the Christmas stollen bake for another 40 minutes.
- After baking, brush the Dresdner Stollen with the liquid butter and sprinkle it immediately with the powdered sugar. The moist butter makes the sugar stick better to the stollen.
With this recipe for a fresh and delicious Dresdner Stollen you will enchant all eaters. The scent of the tunnel wafts through the rooms and the Christmas spirit arises. The Dresdner Stollen holds up best when it is wrapped in aluminum foil.